Monday, December 1, 2014

Demons of the D, by Alixander Potts



Hear my city weep
Polluted land has laid waste to its street as the people sleep
Colored bandanas will gather up
Like shards of broken rainbow
Inhaling the fumes of green
While coloring the concrete red

Yes my city has turned into a death bed with headstone as pillows
On the corner of last regret
A homeless man will sleep after sniffing a kilo
And a boy will take his last breath

Sadness and despair the feelings of hatred in the air
My soul is shackled to the city of shadow
Where homes are vacant and joy is taken to a hopeless place
On the edge of the dirty glove

Because the words of prayer are snatched before they can reach our saviors. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a disturbing but compelling poem, Alixander. I believe there's hope for Detroit, but I know the poverty and decay are overwhelming. You illustrate that so well here.

    ReplyDelete